Thursday, May 15, 2008

Calculators

So I discovered something that I think I already knew but I just reminded myself of my horrible math skills. From 7th grade on we were given a TI82 and were taught to use it and were actually required to use it for everything. Well I have always struggled with even simple addition I always count on my fingers. Well today I was taking a practice assesment test so i can apply for the medical assisting program and i feel so stupid I didn't know how divide, multiply and even simple addition was hard. It's true what they say if you don't use it you loose it. And I have definately lost it so I logged onto briley's star fall site and started practicing my simple math skills.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I am kind of not a fan of your new backdrop. It makes it really hard to read what you write.

SMILES2ALL said...

Yeah I know what you mean. I am not the best at math either. Let me know about the medical assisting I have been wondering about it.

Kim said...

Much better. Now I can actually ready what you write.

thejudkins said...

horray for starfall. Who knew it would be so handy.

Sarah said...

I can so relate to your feelings about math skills...I was making a quilt for Caleb and trying to figure out how much fabric I needed...it was confusing and I wished I could remember all those formulas from school! Then again math has never been great for me...The C grade I got in precalculus was a happy day because I was just glad I didn't fail!

Jen Crook said...

It's a good place to start. Hang in there, it will come back eventually the more you use it.